City of Pembroke Pines Hurricane Irma Updates
The Mandatory Boil Water Order remains in place for
residents who receive a Water/Utility Bill from
Pembroke Pines, Water & M.R.E. Distribution, Parks, and
Pembroke Pines, FL…September 15, 2017…1:00 p.m…. The Mandatory Boil Water Alert REMAINS IN EFFECT for Pembroke Pines residents who receive a Utility/Water bill from the City of Pembroke Pines. As a precaution, please boil all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth or washing dishes. A rolling boil of one minute is sufficient. The Mandatory Boil Water Alert has ONLY been lifted for Pembroke Pines residents who receive a Utility/Water bill from Broward County. A bacteriological test will be run on the water before an “all clear” is issued.
Water and/or MRE’s (Meal Ready to Eat) Distribution
Broward County has water PODs (Points of Distribution) which permit one case of water per vehicle. Today some locations will distribute MREs including the Pembroke Pines POD site located at C.B. Smith Regional Park, 900 N Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines, 33028 until 6:00 p.m. today.
The following information has been provided by Broward County:
The six points of distribution (PODs) in Broward County opened to provide water, ice and MREs to residents are consolidating operations:
- The POD at Howard C. Forman Human Services Campus in Pembroke Pines is closed.
- The POD at Patrick Meli Park in Dania Beach is closed.
- The POD at McTyre Park, 3501 SW 56th Ave. in West Park has a few remaining supplies of ice and water and will remain open until 7PM Friday or until supplies are depleted.
- The POD at Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road in Deerfield Beach is distributing ice, water and MREs until 6PM Friday.
- The POD at C.B. Smith Regional Park, 900 N. Flamingo Road in Pembroke Pines is distributing water and MREs until 6PM Friday.
Supplies remaining at the Quiet Waters and C.B. Smith Park pods will be relocated to Central Broward Regional Park in Lauderhill, effective Saturday, September 16.
The final POD at Central Broward Regional Park, 3700 NW 11th Place in Lauderhill will be open 8AM to 6PM on Saturday and Sunday, September 16-17, and will distribute water, ice and MREs until supplies are depleted.
Ventura Pointe Apartments in Pembroke Pines
7850 Pasadena Blvd.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33024